Here’s a little food guide to something you can literally make on Christmas Day. I wanted to make some treats for the day but realised they would probably all be eaten before Tuesday anyway haha. So, me and mum had a go at making these shortbread & think they were a part success with only some small tweaks for next time. We used BBC for our guide.
55g caster sugar
180g plain flour
The Method ;
- Beat the butter and sugar together until it becomes a paste
- Slowly stir in the flour
- Place some sugar on the counter and start to roll out the mixture until it becomes 1cm (we found that the thicker the shortbread, the better it tastes)
- Cut into your desired shape and place on baking paper/tray
- Sprinkle more sugar on top and chill in the fridge for 20 minutes
- After 20 minutes, place in oven at 200oc and leave for 10 mins or until slightly golden (we found that they tasted better when they were starting to turn golden and were still white in the middle)
- Set on a cool rack for a couple of minutes, sprinkle a little bit more sugar and voila!
** as an end result we decided for next time to add a little bit more sugar into the mix as they were nice but adding that touch more would make them the same taste as shop bought ones!