I am always a brownie kind of gal for any type of desert and I came to realise I have never really attempted them myself – I mean I done a ‘slimming world’ edition but that was just not good. I need to proper gooey and chocolatey goodness.
My tiktok is full of food and I came across this girl who made loads of nice meals and sweet treats and wanted to give them a go and they turned out amazing. So I’m not taking full credit for this one, but this would be easier for me to look back on in the future.
This can be adapted to any chocolate you desire or just plain and simple really.
The Ingredients :
- 180g unsalted butter
- 180g chocolate – milk or dark
- 3 eggs
- 250g caster sugar
- 80g flour
- 35g cocoa powder
- 100g white chocolate chunks/chips
- 100g milk chocolate chunks/chips
- orange extract
- terrys chocolate orange segments
The Method :
- Pre heat the oven to 160-180 degrees
- Melt the butter and 180g of chocolate over a bowl of warm/boiling water until combined before setting it aside to cool. Add a pinch of salt here too.
- While it is cooling, chop up the chocolate pieces.
- With an electric whisk, combine the eggs and sugar together until they become pale and fluffy. Usually around 5-8 minutes.
- Once the butter/chocolate mixture has cooled, pour into the egg mixture and fold until combined.
- Next combine the dry ingredients (flour, cocoa) into the mixture by sifting and then folding again.
- Add your orange extract to the flavour you desire and add in the chocolate chunks. We went for 4 cap fills of the extract but you can have it to your desired taste!
8. Finally transfer to a pre greased baking tray or dish and add any finishing touches like salt or more chocolate on the top. Bake for 30-40 minutes
9. Add chocolate Orange pieces 5 minutes before the end of freshly out of the oven for them to melt into the mixture.
10. Let cool and serve! Enjoy x